FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection time at AMS, with interlining from QR to BA?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:48 am
Johnnieboy

Originally Posted by stu002
The incoming flight from DOH so far over the last 10 or so days that I can see has been arriving no later than 15 minutes behind schedule and that hasn't been common. They appear to arrive at the D gates and the BA flight seems to depart D gates which looks like a 15 min walk plus one set of security.

As you say I might be able to change my BA flight whilst either at DOH or in the air although won't my bags be tagged incorrectly at that point?
I may be wrong, and someone over at the BA forum could probably confirm, but I think that once you are checked in for the BA flight (which you would be from DPS if your bags are tagged through), BA would have to offload you before you could then change to a later flight (so perhaps not so easy to arrange mid-flight DOH-AMS). It's simple if you are already planning to go landside at AMS and check in separately for the BA flight, less easy if your bags are checked through and missed the flight that they were already tagged for. It may not be easy/possible to have them retagged at AMS without collecting them and going landside to check in again for the later flight. And retrieving mis-tagged bags may take a while, particularly at AMS...

That said, I would go for it, there should be plenty of time but there is, of course, always a risk. That risk is the potential price of using separate tickets to achieve a cheaper itinerary.