FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:28 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MW147
I am now 0 for 4 in my SNA requests.
May - 1 night at St. Regis New York
May - 2 nights at the Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel
August - 2 nights at the Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel
September (just got denied today) - Gaylord Palms Resort Kissimmee FL

Very disappointing. I have a feeling I am going to wind up not using any and totally not able to take advantage of this benefit. I chose this benefit because none of the other choices had any value to me. It seems this one doesn't either. I have a few odds and ends stays for the rest of this year. I do have a request in for 4 nights in October for the Westin O'Hare. I would not have picked this stay for an upgrade but hey, there is no downside at this point. I also tried for my stay next month at the Guangzhou Marriott Tianhe, but it is not even for a suite (just a larger room) and it fails every time I try.

I fully understand that this is not a guaranteed benefit but it does seem like too much work for too little return. Or in my case, no return.
I get the feeling there are a lot of places in the US where SNAs are very unlikely to clear because US hotels have the most Marriott elites staying per capita of anywhere. Asia seems the best bet due to limited elites, but it's also quite possible to use them in Europe. Equally, it's best to try to apply them on shorter stays as if you try to use them on a stay of anything more than a couple of nights it starts to get very unlikely the SNA inventory room will be available on all nights. Whilst it gets mentioned again and again in this thread that SNA inventory is different from the inventory showing online it definitely helps the odds of the SNA being approved if the room is still showing as available online, too.

I would say if you expect <50% of SNAs to clear (and possibly less than that if only applying them at US hotels) then that's a reasonable assumption these days which will avoid you ending up being too disappointed.

Don't lose hope though, I guard my SNAs carefully and my approved SNAs this year are:

- W Hong Kong - Wow Suite
- W DC - Wow Suite
- Aegon Mykonos - Infinity Suite with Private Pool
- Aegon Mykonos - Infinity Suite with Private Pool again