FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to Household Accounts
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:40 am
marcolau317

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PGFlyer85
We have an HHA. I added our nanny to our F&F list when I made another F&F change a couple months back in anticipation of booking a ticket for her to come on holiday with us. We then fired the nanny and have hired another. It’s several months before my F&F list is available to be modified. What are the chances an e-mail or call to the GGL e-mail/phone line with an explanation of the circumstances would result in an exception?

I assume that the alternative is to open up a new account for her as part of our HHA? While I imagine enforcement is next to non-existent, I assume this is technically against T&C so would prefer to just get an exception.
With a detailed look for the T&C, it seems HHA and F&F list are treated as 2 separate list under separate rules:
For HHA:
18.1.8. Once a Household Account is established, new Member(s) may not be added or existing Member(s) removed more than once every six months. A Household Account may not be dissolved or re-established more than once every six months.
If there is any change to the HHA list, my reading is the whole list will be frozen for 6 months

Whilst for F&F list:
19.1.2. Individuals nominated to the Family and Friends List must remain on the list for a minimum of six months.
19.1.9. Once a Family and Friends List is established, new nominees(s) may be added or existing nominee(s) removed, subject to Clause 19.1.2.
For F&F list, the restriction is each individual must stay in the list for 6 months, and they are treated individually, meaning the whole list won't be frozen like the HHA list.

Of course, you should also see the in BAEC Manage My Account, there's a statement about the F&F list:
* When you remove people from your Family and Friends list, you have a window of 24 hours from the time you start making changes. After that, you cannot change the people on your list for 6 months.
Which seems to be a bit contradictory to the T&C as described above, and definitely not mentioned in the T&C.

Not sure how full your F&F list is, but the options for you would be:
If your F&F list is actually full, then you may have to consider removing one of the person from F&F list temporarily until the fired nanny stayed in the list for 6 months, then swapped the fired nanny with the removed member.
If your F&F list is NOT full even with the fired nanny added, then you may safely add your new nanny to the list, then remove the fired nanny when you need to add more people to the list.
(If you do decide to call up to seek clarification, please share the info with us here!).