FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection time at AMS, with interlining from QR to BA?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:30 am
stu002

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure that bags will be checked through on separate tickets? Not many airlines are still willing to do this.

Unless you're willing to buy new AMS-LON tickets at the airport, this doesn't seem like a good idea, although it's very likely to be fine if there are no delays the day you're traveling.

BTW, do you really care which London airport you use? Remember that if you're driving to the airport, you'll want to come and go from the same one. Otherwise, it's a matter of convenient/cheap transportation at the times you need.
All the info on QR website suggests they will interline the bags.

I don't care which LON airport I use but I need to choose a flight at some stage to get home. I am flying out of LGW to AMS but will get a taxi to the airport.

I don't want a massive connection time in AMS on the way home as we will have been travelling for almost 24hrs at that stage, having left DPS at 00:35. I am travelling with two young children (who will be 8 and 6 then) who have school the next day so it would be nice to get home by a reasonable time. We live in Kent so LHR and LTN are our least favourite LON options but that doesn't mean we won't use them - the travel time, especially at rush hour, can just be quite long.