FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask the staffer
Thread: Ask the staffer
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:13 pm
rapidex

Originally Posted by nancypants
Please can I ask a question about BACF?

in ANZ and in the US there are regional airlines, in some cases wholly owned by the parent airline (eh sunstate or EAA) and in others sort of subcontracted (eg cobham/Nationaljet or network). Generally these function as a lower pay and conditions subsidiary, usually there are separate seniority lists and no direct pathway from regional to mainline, although candidates *may* be more likely to get accepted to mainline than an external candidate (or may be held back if the regional is short of staff)

does BACF fit in a similar way to BA or is it a completely different set up? Roughly how is the terms and conditions relative to mainline BA? For example some of the feeders here get full qantas staff travel which includes partners and OW, some get only qantas group staff travel. Is BACF more or less desirable as an employer than BA?

i have no real reason for knowing this so if it’s super secret squirrel stuff then i’m happy to accept SSS as an answer. Just was trying to get my head around it with the current IA and reading the background of BACF on Wikipedia has me more confused than before
BACF is a separate company with a separate seniority list. It runs in a similar way to Sunstate. There is some transfer to BA, mainly to stop all the BACF F/O's quitting and going elsewhere. BA pay scales are better.