FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection time at AMS, with interlining from QR to BA?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:21 pm
stu002

Connection time at AMS, with interlining from QR to BA?

I posted in the Newbie thread that I have booked my family of 4 onto a great deal with QR in J from AMS-DOH-DPS and back next Easter.

We are going to take the advice provided and take a positioning flight from LON to AMS the night before and probably stay in the IBIS Styles before heading to the airport around midday to check in for the 15:35 flight.

Its the flight back to LON from AMS that I am puzzling about.

We are due to land back in AMS from DOH at 13:45 and I am eyeing up a BA flight from AMS to LCY at 16:20 on the assumption that I can get our baggage interlined all the way back to LCY when checking in at DPS.

Is 2hr 35min enough time to get across AMS if our bags are interlined? The info online and on this forum suggest interlining will be fine and that minimum transfer time is 50 mins, so this option will be fine even with up to 90 mins delay on the flight from DOH.

Or am I missing something. We've not done the whole re-positioning flights approach before but the cost of the J tickets from AMS to DPS made it hard to pass up.