FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Requested - Flight Change
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:53 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by whadzinaname
1. These being non-refundable, are we able to move the onward travel for children(who are on my reservation) and my wife back by a week? My travel plans and the return for everyone else will be the same as originally planned
2. Can few 2 tickets out of 3 on a single reservation can be changed?
Originally Posted by joejet
1. You need to split the reservations, but i’m not sure ba will do it for free, they normally do ...
Splitting the reservation should be free. The reservation changes should, however, cost whatever the fare rules say they should cost (change fee plus fare difference).

If I have understood your post correctly, the change for your wife and children is that their outbound travel is being changed but their inbound travel is not: in this event, the usual fare rule is that the ticket must be repriced using the fares in force at the time of the change, with advance purchase etc measured from the date of the change. So depending on when the tickets were originally booked, this could have a significant effect on the fare difference. Your best first step is to price their new itinerary now to see how different it is from what you have already paid; you can expect to have to pay that fare difference (if any) plus the change fee specified in the original fare rules.

One other question is how old the children are. BA no longer accepts unaccompanied children, and because your wife will be on a separate reservation from your children, this is something that needs to be dealt with. It is possible, according to threads here, so there is no insuperable difficulty - but you should be aware that there will probably be a wrinkle that needs sorting out.