FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated IAH connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:00 pm
acarney

Question about arriving/departing domestic flight from IAH

Trying to book a return flight for a friend, kinda don't mind putting her in first class since it's a relatively long trip (LAS to Akron, OH) and the prices for some flights isn't took bad (~$450). Considering a checked bag fee, an extra $200 from main to first doesn't seem too crazy for me.

Question is, for the decently priced F flight, there is a 46 minute layover in IAH. I've done ~45 minute layovers a few times in SEA on Delta and don't mind too much, but I've never been to IAH so I'm not sure how easy this will be for her. Does anyone know if these flights are in the same terminal and thus maybe just a few minutes walk from gate to gate?

She'll be coming into IAH on UA2289 (Depart Vegas at 12:17pm and land at IAH at 5:19pm)
The second flight is UA 6106 (Departs IAH at 6:05 pm and land at CAK 9:46 pm)

Is there a decent chance of success on this flight? The times are good, not out of Vegas too early, home not to late. The price for F is pretty decent, and the total travel time isn't bad. BUT, if she has a 15 minute hike at IAH from gate to gate that doesn't leave much (any?) wiggle room from deplaning and boarding the next flight. She'll be flying solo and have one checked bag and one backpack carry on.

If this looks like I'm setting her up to fail, then the next best option is down in main or premium economy with a 2.5 hr layover (yuck).