FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019)
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:41 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by oekalb
Trying to get my Platinum bonus... I bought a $50 eGift card, and when I went to the Review and Pay section, under Payment, it said I had to redeem the gift card under delta.com/redeem. Whereas in the email it said I could apply the eGift card at the payment page. Am I missing something here?
Delta recently "enhanced" the web site and, for a while, made it so that you had to *start* from the /redeem link in order to redeem a GC. If you went through the booking process and wanted to apply a GC at checkout, it'd make you click through to that link and start everything over again

So it's probably just a matter of the email template not catching up to the latest web site "features" -- except on the last couple weeks or so it appeared that they had (at least temporarily) fixed the checkout flow so that it was over again possible to apply a GC without losing your selected flight etc.

Bottom line, YMMV and it's subject to the whims of DL's crack squad of web designers and UI/UX experts