FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEA Connection Times
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:25 pm
metaldirtnskin

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Plat, and a bunch of other stuff I guess
Originally Posted by cragAK
After my last trip through SEA all I know is I'll be trying to pick flights with more than 90 minutes of connection time going forward. Flight coming in from Anchorage was only a few minutes behind schedule, but we spent what felt like 30 minutes taxing to a D gate. Lucky for me, the connection was also a D gate, but it was one of the new bus gates. Made it over just as the final boarding group was being announced. If it had been a connection to any other terminal I would have been out of luck I think...
I'm gonna have to agree with this. Both I and my wife (as detailed in a separate thread) had recent connections through SEA with about an hour to spare, and apparently long delays on the ground are the new normal there... I was lucky and made it with a little time to spare; she wasn't and got stuck overnight. Keep in mind that AS is off the hook if the delay is due to ATC, so you're on your own if that happens - I will not be making that mistake again (which realistically means a different airline).