FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:04 am
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Sorry, but I'm not going to read 53 pages of reviews to get an answer to my question. So if this has been discussed before maybe it can go in the Wiki. Is there a limit to the number of "free drinks" provided in PP? I flew it this week BRU-IAD. I asked for a drink and was given one airline bottle plus the entire can of the mixer. I asked for another airline bottle and was told no - they only provide one in PP and that I'm to pay for any additional. I gave a puzzled look and dropped it. I decided to press my luck and ask again and the FA relented. But he made quite a spectacle of asking the other FA working the other side of the beverage cart with him, "Hey, PP only gets one drink per flight, right?" The other FA naturally agreed. I cannot find anything that says it's limited to one drink. Hey, I'm not trying to get drunk or even have five drinks. But if I'm going to have the entire can of mixer then I appreciate the second bottle of liquor.

BTW, as far as I could tell, beer and wine were handed out with ease and no comments about paying for it. And, of course, a non-rev was given multiple liquor bottles with no comment about paying. Finally, would 1K status entitle a passenger to extra liquor bottles?

Otherwise, PP was fine. For me and the flights I take $150 seems like a no brainer to get additional comfort and more importantly 50% more PQM over non-Y/B economy fares.

The food was served still completely wrapped (both the lunch and the pre-arrival cold plate). The bread was still wrapped in plastic as well which I find disgusting and tacky.

-RM