FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:47 am
RedSun
Suspended

The reason for the exits of the Chase CSR was because of Chase's lax underwriting standard. A lot people went for the 100,000 UR bonus only. Particularly the young people and a lot of them were even college kids who do not even generate own income, but on parent's support. If one sees his/her friend getting 100,000 point bonus, he/she would want to apply too. Spread like wild fire.

Then those young kids can't keep the card with $450 annual fee and they do not have the budget to use all the travel perks. So the cancellation within the first year.

It is absolutely necessary to keep at least one fixed point price card like CNB Crystal, Chase CSR/CSP or the Citi Permier/Prestige. If I need to book flight tickets that require 60,000 miles/points and its cash price is $700, I do not want to use my miles/points and get only 1.2 cpps. But I do not want to dent my wallet with the $2,000 flight costs. So I can turn to the fixed price points. I can use 46,667 UR points, or 53,850 CNB points.