FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - west coast to ICN, UA, AC or OZ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:04 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pdragn78
I'm planning a family trip from SAN/LAX (closer to SAN, but can drive to LAX) to ICN in 2020 or 2021. We will likely be flying economy, but may splurge for Business class one-way. I'm using a combo of UA miles and Chase Ultimate rewards, and see three options with lowest flight duration: UA, OZ, and AC.

The cash price of all three carriers are fairly similar ~$1400 for Econ and $4200 for Business class.
The award mile booking for three carriers is also very similar 35K each way for Econ, and 80k miles each way for Business (booking via united website). This works out to about 2 cents per mile with Economy flight and 2.5 cents per mile with business class flights.

Which carrier is most comfortable for the route? UA vs AC vs OZ. Does it even matter if I end up flying economy?
I've heard OZ has the best business class seats between the three, but not sure how to approach this. AC seems to have the most availability in Business class. Any help is appreciated. Feel free to move post if it belongs in a different forum. I'm still relatively new. Thanks!
If wanting awards availability may/will be the issue. The more awards (people) on the same flight the harder it will be.
So you may not end up with a choice of carrier/route if using awards
Have you looked as what awards are available now?
A guide--> https://www.awardhacker.com/#f=SAN&f...=0&c=y&s=2&p=1

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 18, 2019 at 6:18 pm