FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IST Layover suggestion
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:31 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by WhiskeyCavalier
ISTFlyer,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

Just wanted to clarify on the lounge. If I was transiting, I should just be able to go directly to the lounge, right?

I mean, early in the morning maybe it won’t be a big deal to clear security again.

How is are the lounges? Pretty nice?

Even if I am flying economy star gold will let me fast track through security. Cool!

I am thinking you are probably right about taking the tour, I could see more on my own probably.

Once again. Thanks so much!
- You could go directly to the lounge if you have your boarding pass for your ongoing flight with you.
- Generally, transfer security in IST is efficient as DOH, waits are generally maximum of 5 minutes.
- The lounges are great, there are some reviews online that you could consult. Better than any US airline club and better than most J class lounges in Europe.
- Star Gold in TK would allow you to utilize fast track at building entrance security checkpoint, passport control and main security checkpoint ( for pax joining in IST ), transfer security and passport control when entering Turkey. I have written those points that apply for your case.
- If you need a plan in Istanbul ( what to do, where to see ), feel free to ask questions.