FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Travel IAP Business Booked In Premium Econ?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:29 pm
deathwatch

Programs: DL Plat, ANA SFC, Bonvoy Ambassador (former SPG 75), Shangri-La Diamond
Originally Posted by Gig103
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a blanket nickel-and-dime decision, I saved 10% off of a Delta.com flight all in D1 a few months ago. I've also seen the IAP online fares bounce around, for a few days I couldn't book at the rate i wanted but it did eventually come back.
Yes I agree IAP is pretty good value. I always save around 10-14% flying Delta with IAP. And this is the first time it happened to me (comfort+ instead of first.) All other dates around what I booked cost around 7k USD so I expect 5-6k even with IAP... I still got a good deal in the end.

It just seems that the website is very buggy at the moment. Not just this comfort+ thing but also what you said, IAP rate isn't always available online. I searched a lot of date and finally found this one that is both cheap and available with IAP online.

Based on my past experience I always get IAP rate when calling in. Maybe for a smaller discount (worst is around 5%) but always something. (I tend to save a few potential flights and ask them to check for me.) But with this new website for some dates there is just no IAP rate...

EDIT: Funniest thing, I searched again and changed my return dates. It seems my date is the only one that Amex is willing to give IAP rate from PVG to BOS via DTW. The other dates (say Jan 11) Amex would only allow MU PVG-NRT, DL NRT-DTW-BOS. Or (Jan 10) MU PVG-PEK, DL PEK-DTW-BOS. Not what I always book which is PVG-DTW/SEA-BOS

Last edited by deathwatch; Sep 18, 2019 at 5:40 pm