FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IST Layover suggestion
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:19 pm
WhiskeyCavalier

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
1- It's open 7/24

2- Yes, there are lockers in the lounge; however, after your arrival to IST, you might need to reclear security to access the lounge and put your belongings into a locker.

3- It's a nice tour, but you could see much more during that period if you travel by your own.

4- Answered your question in the respective thread. Also, a suggestion to you would be to read the WIKI of that thread. Non-TK*G's traveling in Economy is not eligible for sleeping rooms at all.

5- If you're taking the tour, ₺100 would be enough. If you're going to sightseen by yourself ₺300 ( if you prefer to travel by bus ), ₺600 ( if you prefer to travel by taxi ).

6- Arriving at the airport at 19:30 would be fine as you would have fast-track access at both security and passport checkpoints. WCS, a taxi would cost around ₺125-200 depending on where you want to visit within the city center and the traffic at that moment. Uber works in Turkey but you could only order a yellow cab; no UberX, UberXL, UberBlack, etc... in Turkey
ISTFlyer,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

Just wanted to clarify on the lounge. If I was transiting, I should just be able to go directly to the lounge, right?

I mean, early in the morning maybe it won’t be a big deal to clear security again.

How is are the lounges? Pretty nice?

Even if I am flying economy star gold will let me fast track through security. Cool!

I am thinking you are probably right about taking the tour, I could see more on my own probably.

Once again. Thanks so much!