FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:14 pm
AStarr

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maxwell Lee
Haha very true!! To be fair, the HP project is its own development (purely the hotel) so while it is entirely possible that the demolition of the landing might change their pro forma, it should be much easier to finance. Not holding my breath, but this one should still be greenlit. The East San Marco project is different as the Publix was to be the anchor for a mixed-use development with ~200k sq ft of retail and somewhere between 150 and 250 residential units. The residential is the reason the Publix hasn't happened, if it was Publix alone it would have been built 12 years ago. btw, I hear this one is finally, actually, going to be moving forward (though I again, will not hold my breath)
I'll believe it when I get a sub there... definitely not holding my breath though

Given all the demolitions and other unused space in downtown, you'd think there would be more development going on. It always seemed so... stifled. That city has some bizarre politics.