FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:18 pm
Richard Berg

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
BofA also seems to possibly look kindly upon a longer-term relationship with the bank. Perhaps you shouldn't have "left" BofA and had to "come back" to it? Perhaps you should open a no-AF card at BofA, even if it seems like something you have no interest in, just so you can keep a BofA account open "forever"? (Then use it once or twice a year for something cheap, just to keep them from cancelling for inactivity.)

I'm not saying it's a panacea, but it may help in some "borderline" situations perhaps.
I've had 3 no-AF cards (Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, Merrill+) open for a few years, with small-dollar spend once or twice a year to keep them alive. Plus the personal Alaska.

Speak of the devil, I just got the request for business documents, legal structure, audited financials, etc. So I guess the app is still alive! I don't have any of those doc -- I applied as sole proprietor / $0 income / founded Sept '19 -- so will skim the thread for ideas or just call recon and explain. I do have a legit (unincorporated) side business I can talk about if they press.