FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:55 am
trooper

Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
3 Incidents that come to mind.

1:
Booking flights Ex London, out bound flight out of LHR with IB and not noticing that my return journey landed into LGW 10 days later. I had my car left at LHR T5
I didn't realise until I was back in MAD after a redeye from EZE and checked my boarding pass, had to take the express train into Victoria and take the tube to LHR to get my car.
In the end the parking was only another £15 or so and the train fare but the biggest cost in my eyes was getting home 5 hours later than I wanted as by the time I got the car traffic was appalling.

2:
Trying to get into OZ lounge at ICN, flying Y with CX, hand over my mobile with BP and Passport (that she asked for) and the lounge dragon wanted to see my invitation. I explained I only had a mobile BP and no hand luggage so came straight to security, but Oneworld tell me as a Emerald I can use this lounge. She's quite insistent that she needs an invitation, eventually in a tired rage I just walk off, with her doing her best attempt to shout me back, albeit it in a Korean quiet way. 1 hour and half later after having resided myself to a god awful PP lounge I get to the gate as it's closing and when I scan my boarding pass they ask for my passport, I check where my passport is always placed and it isn't there, whilst I'm panicking I look up and the gate agent has my passport. I had left it at the lounge desk in my rage, and they dragon had it delivered to the gate.

3: (This is the most recent)
Flying CX to HKG, I gave myself less time than I should of to drive to LHR and found myself arriving at T3 short stay car park 1hr 5 minutes before departure. I'm not one to be arriving at airports hours ahead but this was probably 45 minutes later than I would be comfortable with. So I park at the first free space, grab my bags and walk with haste to security, after security it was pretty much straight to the gate and after a 5 minute email check I bordered the plane so made the flight and all that etc. 3 days later I land back at LHR at get back to my car. I check my key pouch. Whilst my house keys were there, my car key wasn't. I stand there thinking, what on earth did I do with them, after racking my brain I recollect that I had actually had no memory of locking the car. I go to the drivers door, it opens and lying on the middle of the drivers seat is the car keys, which must of fallen out of my pocket in the rush to get out, and in the chaos of getting through security I forgot to check.

So far in my travel career I've been quite lucky in terms the outcome of things going wrong.
Ummm…...yeah!

Last edited by trooper; Sep 18, 2019 at 1:05 am