FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA IC Beppu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:23 pm
Nagasaki Joe

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I have a two-night stay booked here for January of next year. Although I'm an IHG Platinum member, I used Chase Ultimate Rewards points to book the reservation since IHG point bookings are not yet possible. Since we'll be staying in the middle of the week, the rate was low. We got a Premium Room (non-club, non-suite room) with 68 sq. meters (about 730 sq. ft., not sure if it includes balcony space or not) for 27,000 UR points per night. Since there are three in our party, it was a bit irritating to see that the Club rooms only permit only two occupants and the Suites (which come with Club access) permit only 3 occupants (the smaller suites permit only 2 guests), but they were more points than I wanted to pay, or could pay. The suites are quite large, so I thought it quite odd that they only allow a maximum of three guests, such a waste. It looks like a beautiful property, so I'm really looking forward to the stay, but I think the summer would be more pleasurable due to the outdoor Infinity swimming pool and balcony access, especially if you have a Club room with onsen on the balcony. From what I've read above, the in-room bathtubs do not flow hot springs water, too bad! In late July, there's a summer festival in Beppu with fireworks over the bay, so this would be an ideal place to stay to view it from a balcony onsen while drinking sake. I'll write a review after the stay.

Regarding the question above from Mr. LAU about whether the hotel offers free parking: Yes, they do. When I made my reservation, it was clearly stated that guest parking is free.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Sep 17, 2019 at 11:19 pm Reason: Spelling mistakes