FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Platinum WeWork benefit to 12.31.2020.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:59 pm
synzero

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
New DP: Stayed at a midnight-midnight WeWork reservation past 6pm, of course nothing happened and I was able to cheerfully keep working. Even better, when I left close to 7pm I tried my keycard and it still worked, let me in to the building from the exterior door as well as the WeWork space itself.

This thing is getting better and better.

UPDATE: Just to see what would happen, came to a WeWork in downtown Oakland before 9am to see if I could get in. Was able to card into the space at 8:45am but wasn't able to get into the elevator before that (guard had to get me in). Not sure if it is because I was early or because I hadn't checked in yet (also I'd never been to that WeWork before).

UPDATE #2 : Different WeWorks definitely have different amenities. One in SF served us fresh croissants and pastries in the morning which were actually quite good. Most have an "honesty market" which honestly isn't great, just snacks and packaged things like granola bars or cereal. This downtown Oakland one has something called "Byte Foods" which apparently is a startup that serves heatable things like samosas and sandwiches -- it actually looks decent.

Also, they severely restricted availability to Amex cardholders in Berkeley. There used to be many spaces available but now they have totally cut off access to one building and the other one just has a handful, so it is now quite difficult to reserve there unless you reserve many days in advance. Thankfully I mostly want to work in Oakland or SF, but if I lived in Berkeley I'd be cut off. However, they seem to allow unlimited reservations so if I really wanted to guarantee space in Berkeley I could reserve in advance. It does mean however that WeWork could restrict access to this at any time. For now, it's great, but who knows how long this golden age will last

Last edited by synzero; Sep 18, 2019 at 10:56 am