FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove (Miami, FL) [Master Thread]
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:24 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Interesting points to consider:

(1) Noise issues remain with connecting rooms due to thin doors and hardwood floors. We're best to request non-connecting rooms unless you need a connecting room.

(2) Housekeeping issues still can be an issue here. I had similar issues with spurious housekeeping.

(3) Noise from nearby construction could be an issue. I didn't experience any of that during my Feb 2019 stay, however, even as there also was nearby construction.

(4) Service recovery still can be an issue here. The fact that the manager never called back reminds me of what it took to get senior management response during my Feb 2019 stay.

Good points (from both your review and this fellow). Spent a couple weeks at this property for a project a few months ago and can provide some perspective:

1) Agree with this - in addition to the aforementioned, some rooms also have a phantom knocking sound that comes from outside or above - sounds like someone dribbling a basketball all night
2) I don't recall having housekeeping issues but I may just have stopped paying attention because housekeeping is bad everywhere
3) Never had an issue there even with the big project down on 27th and Bayshore ongoing; granted I was never in the hotel during "normal" working hours.
4) I had an issue with this as well. The root cause was billing problems and it took a long time to chase someone down. That being said, once I did, they were very good about making things right.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
F&B and hard product otherwise was excellent. I am confident that I can ask for a non-connecting room with great air con
Agree with the first part. Their room service is fantastic IMO. They made probably the best salmon I've ever had, and a nice chimichurri steak as well.

A funny thing about the air con - when they did the big renovation apparently some of the dampers and routing got mixed up so some of the bedrooms had massive volumes of cold air being piped in by way of the closet registers. The closets would become like meat lockers and the bedrooms would get to be FREEZING. I think they'd fixed it by the end of my stays there but if it still persists you will be in heaven.