FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:14 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Anns76
I have posted on this quite a bit. But it’s now been 7 weeks since I submitted my claim and still nothing. However, I know of another person on the same flight who was paid out. Should I now submit a CEDR claim? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was going to reach them by DM on Twitter and mention that I’m now going through CEDR. Your thoughts.
I think it depends on your willingness to do a bit of extra work next week, the Twitter idea may also help, I can't see it doing any harm. I've no doubt it will be paid eventually, so if you ok to be laid back about it then that's a perfectly valid approach too. On one level, using CEDR will in overall terms make matters worse for BA, since extra resources will be needed to handle your case, but equally it could bring pressure to bear on BA, since BA have to pay some undisclosed amount to CEDR for every complaint handled. At some point, someone will do the maths and reorganise the workload better.