FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove (Miami, FL) [Master Thread]
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:55 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
A recent blogger review for the hotel:

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...m=BoardingArea

Interesting points to consider:

(1) Noise issues remain with connecting rooms due to thin doors and hardwood floors. We're best to request non-connecting rooms unless you need a connecting room.

(2) Housekeeping issues still can be an issue here. I had similar issues with spurious housekeeping.

(3) Noise from nearby construction could be an issue. I didn't experience any of that during my Feb 2019 stay, however, even as there also was nearby construction.

(4) Service recovery still can be an issue here. The fact that the manager never called back reminds me of what it took to get senior management response during my Feb 2019 stay.

All that being said, I am scheduled to return in Feb 2020. The location is in walking distance to my client, and the F&B and hard product otherwise was excellent. I am confident that I can ask for a non-connecting room with great air con for my return stay so the noise issues won't be a factor. And I'll watch housekeeping like a hawk LOL.