FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/LGW pilots (BALPA) industrial action 9 Sep, 10 Sep, and 27 Sep
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:42 am
lall

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
Having just got back home after flying a total of 10 flights within the past 6 days, that included 5 BA flights of which 3 flights were severely disrupted due to the pilots strike, my personal opinion is that BA is right in maintaining their stand vis a vis BALPA.

After all, if the pilots are not happy with their salary package and conditions, they are free to explore the market and migrate elsewhere if they think they can command a better package. I believe the airline industry will sooner or later enter into an economic downturn and many pilots and crews will be out of their jobs. When (not If) this happens, I sincerely hope BALPA will be able to guarantee a monthly income to the unfortunate pilots.

I would have sympathised with the pilots had the focus of their strike action been mainly to protect their jobs or current level remunerations bearing well in mind the volatile airline environment.

BALPA PILOTS, BE HAPPY YOU STILL HAVE A JOB... IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY AT BA, THEN LOOK ELSEWHERE. NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO CONTINUE WORKING FOR BA.

Last edited by lall; Sep 15, 2019 at 6:20 am