FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Treated Differently as an Asian Passenger
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:31 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
My Korean wife is treated much better than me on United. I am treated much better than her on Asiana.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On Asiana I would attribute the difference to the observation that you're apparently male and your wife is apparently female. In Korea, men are treated much better than women in many situations.
My experience as a white female and flying on many different airlines for global corporations. Essentially ignored on middle eastern carriers, treated as second class citizen on Asian airlines. I typically flew business class. Female FAs typically treated me worse than male FAs.

I have always endeavored to be polite to all I encountered in my business career - from the cleaner to the CEO as we all.play an essential cog in the business world.. Being a female, white business executive it came with the territory in the 1990s through 2008. Did I let it upset me? No. Irritate me? On occasion. However, end goal was to get to my destination safe and alive. Always achieved.

Sorry OP has those experiences but if they are the worst thing he experiences in life he should be thankful.