FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA FA Actually Booted Seat Poacher from Economy Plus Seat
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:49 am
TravelLawyer

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
UA FA Actually Booted Seat Poacher from Economy Plus Seat

Just as the title said... I was flying ORD-MSY on September 10 and the flight was about 60% full. Most rows had one (or two if you are lucky) empty seats. A woman boards towards the end (with Group 5) and heads towards her seat in the back of the plane. Decides to walk back towards the front and sat in a window Economy Plus seat (may have been Exit Row or the row in front of Exit Row). FA comes over from the front of the plane to tell her to pay the E+ fee or go back to her own seat.

Poacher reluctantly gets up and heads towards the back of the plane again. Then walks back towards the front and plops down in the empty window seat in my row (preferred seats, not E+). I didn’t say anything since the middle was still open (I’m seated in the aisle). Then after takeoff, she starts hogging the middle seat. Took her shoes off and puts her feet (with yellow socks) on the middle seat and stretches out like I’m not even there. I take out my phone to photograph and she moved her feet off the seat. Then she also occasionally rested her feet on my carryon that was under my side of the middle seat. I had to tell her to get her feet off my bag.

Would you have reported the poaching? Not sure what the policy is. Like I said, while it would have been nice to have the entire row, I didn’t really mind until she went a bit overboard.