FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:14 am
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by CMK10
- I book directly using my Free Weekend Night Ambassador Certificate
- I was not offered a welcome amenity but it looks like 600 points were deposited in my account.
- According to my bill all I got was a single $20 F&B amenity. I have emailed the property about this but have not heard back yet.
- I find myself frequently disappointed when I stay at US based luxury properties. The IC Times Square and IC Chicago are both really weak compared to overseas offerings, I feel the same way about most of the US Conrads and JWs I've been to too.
if you had used an AMB cert, that changes the game. its YMMV, but this IC may not charge you the resort fee for the night using the cert even though the T&C say otherwise.

Terms & Conditions:
"For IHG Rewards Club Reward Night stays: Points will automatically be deducted at time of booking. Rate does not include tax or Resort Fee."

this is also true directly on the IC AMB website where the T&C specifically mention that the certs are "Valid for room and tax only".

so if they didnt charge you the resort fee for one night, then you obv wont get the $20 FB credit for that night. but its a daily benefit.

and i assume you actually paid for at least one night? then your hotel bill should only show one night resort fee and a total of $40 FB credit for 2 nights. $20 for AMB per stay and $20 resort fee credit for one night. i would directly call and speak with a manager for faster service. E-Mail gets slow responses by low level staff.

also, i totally agree that the IC Times Square and IC Chicago are super weak. they are 4 stars at best. and it looks like youve been to IC boston and willard as well. then you really need to try fairmonts gold floor. you will feel the difference. outside of IC, i have enjoyed many domestic fairmonts, four seasons and Waldorfs. i think the real game changer is the international service vs domestic. totally different hospitality culture and that really adds to your overall stay experience.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Sep 14, 2019 at 2:16 pm