FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM bag fees for SkyTeam Elite+ (Delta Platinum) in Economy L/V?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:23 am
snowdzine

Programs: Skymiles
KLM bag fees for SkyTeam Elite+ (Delta Platinum) in Economy L/V?

I'm booking a R/T flight for 2 adults and a lap newborn from the US to Europe. We both are SkyMiles medallion. I am Platinum (STE+) but she is Silver. Flying on Delta internationally I get complimentary upgrades and no bag fees for myself plus her as my companion. With the current flight I am looking at the check-in airline would be Delta while the return check-in airline would be KLM. Further, the only way to book the flight is through KLM. Unfortunately, with KLM I only see the option of Economy or Business. With the Economy selection it doesn't specify between the options but books into L/V class with fare basis VLNW87B1. Checked/Hold baggage is not included in this fare.

The KLM site is confusing what I should look at for baggage - https://www.klm.com/travel/us_en/pre...ance/index.htm

My questions are:
1. Being a Platinum Medallion (Delta) will I still have to pay for a checked bag? Could this be different outbound versus return?
2. Will my wife receive the same benefits since we are on the same reservation?
3. What checked baggage would be allowed for my infant (under 2 years)?