FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone had to change award ticket due to BA strike this week?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:45 pm
kileysmom

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Thanks so much, Finkface! I started out on the BA forum...they are really fun over there, I must say. A daily read of the DYKWIA thread is a must! I decided I simply had too much on my plate right now to get tense over all of this and called the Gold line asking for help. Those folks are just top notch! Okay I'm travelling for an extra day but they got me rebooked out of here (ANC) to London Stansted via LAX and DXB in Emirates business...got all my BA "fees" back and paid Emirates something like a decent lunch in fees. There were a few more miles involved but I'm not miles poor. While it seems a crazy routing, it's actually an easy run...I've done it several times just for the pleasure of Emirates F and am not at all worried about the J product on Emirates. And all this to see an NFL game in London! I'm am a die hard and devoted Tampa Bay fan and have been waiting for a Bucs London game I could actually attend (they've played there twice before) ever since the NFL started playing there when I lived in London.

Thanks for your help! KM