FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AI vs CA in biz, which would you choose?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:14 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Leave lots of time for a PEK transfer.
Argh, I would agree with this and yet totally disagree. Transferring at PEK/PVG for me has never taken a ton of time, but it's also kinda unbearable lol. I have star gold and the lounge at PEK is pure garbage, it's a total joke. Meanwhile the CA lounge at PVG is a delight.

However, with internet functions nerfed, wifi being unusable even with firewall at both...it's just kinda miserable. You really have to come armed with lots of offline stuff to entertain yourself. My first PEK experience was like an 8 hour layover, thinking I'd be fine to use my VPN, but VPN only works when wifi is actually working. What a miserable time that was. No shower, no internet, no content beyond like a couple family guy episodes on my laptop that went by way too fast.

To the OP, honestly, don't waste your miles. I would gladly fly CA or AI when the price is right, as I'm a price conscious consumer, but man...the J class I had on CA 777 was lacklustre to say the least. AI I've heard nothing good about, my 2 experiences in Y were fine, again, but only because I knew I hadn't paid much.

IT for both airlines is awful, so if you think you're picking a seat, think again. If you think you're gonna be checked through to your final destination...think again.