FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:51 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
nice trip report. did you book direct? paid for entire stay or use any certs?

i always have mini bar issues at this place. the super sensitive sensors are annoying. upon checkout, i quadruple check my bill. FD always has to remove something.

also, you should have received a welcome amenity of 600 pts or 2 drink tickets. not sure which one you had selected. sometimes you can get both. YMMV.

furthermore, properties like IC DTLA are awesome because even though they charge a "Hotel Facility Fee" of $25/day, you at least get a $20 F&B credit DAILY and thats combined with the $20 F&B AMB credit per stay. not daily. meaning for your 2 nights, you should have received $60 in FB credit. how much FB credit did you receive?

lastly, your comment about the IC DTLA "feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't" is very hard to believe given your flair. either you have extremely high standards or you only stay at holidays inns. yes, there are many nice international hotels, but US domestic has plenty nice ones too. we are not talking domestic "first class" vs international business. either way, i absolutely agree that this IC DTLA is up there.
- I book directly using my Free Weekend Night Ambassador Certificate
- I was not offered a welcome amenity but it looks like 600 points were deposited in my account.
- According to my bill all I got was a single $20 F&B amenity. I have emailed the property about this but have not heard back yet.
- I find myself frequently disappointed when I stay at US based luxury properties. The IC Times Square and IC Chicago are both really weak compared to overseas offerings, I feel the same way about most of the US Conrads and JWs I've been to too.