FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:33 pm
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
What thing I think would be cool (that was part of the feedback submission I had that disappeared somewhere) was the option to toggle timezone settings.

So Let's take a flight from New York to LA. A flight time might be something like 6pm to 9pm, which is eastern time to pacific time.

An option to toggle the flight times to show 6pm to midnight for example, which would be based off a relative time zone such as the time zone of the departing flight.

Alternatively, and where this feedback comes from, is the option to switch all flight times relative to the timezone I'm in. So if I'm in eastern time zone, the above would stay the same. But take a flight from Tokyo to Bangkok. A sample time might be 2pm - 630 pm. My family back home (in eastern time) would like to know what that translates to for eastern time. So maybe they could see 1am - 530am (I do not know if that's the correct conversion, just using as an example).

The current workaround is to add the flight in the calendar for the local timezones, but it would be nice to check in the app if given a toggle option.