FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help Desk: practical assistance for those affected by strikes on 9, 10, 27 Sep
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:53 pm
alexwuk

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by calebu2
BA0188 EWR-LHR on the 27th appears to still be operating, even though it was cancelled on the 9th. Any thoughts on whether this will get cancelled but hasn't yet?

Reason I ask is this: I live closer to PHL but picked EWR because the flights were cheaper at the time of booking. BA won't reroute me on AA without the flight being cancelled and I'm worried that I'm the last one cancelled.

For BA, moving me would probably be an optimal move, even if the flight does operate, because they have limited seating from NYC-LON (To the point where WT is 2800 per seat on the flight I have). Meanwhile PHL-LHR is significantly cheaper (though still more than I paid for EWR-LHR). Is there anything I can say to them that would have them reroute me before the flight is cancelled?

My worry is that by the time they decide to cancel the flight, there is no availability on the east coast. I'm doing LHR for the weekend (leaving night of 27th, returning night of 30th) and don't have much flexibility to go earlier or later.
Are you sure BA won't reroute you on to AA? They have a revenue sharing arrangement on transatlantic flights so I would think they are agnostic on who you actually fly. Nonetheless, it looks like BA66 from Philly will operate on the 27th (they're still willing to sell tickets on it, which is the big giveaway) so I suggest you ask to be put on that flight if they won't offer you an AA Flight from PHL