FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leveraging Titanium benefits of a friend
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:58 pm
escapefromphl

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by scandalous42
Hi everyone - question for the Bonvoy experts, and apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum:

- I am a marriott Silver Member
- A close friend of mine is a Titanium Member
- I recently booked a 5 night Cat 7 stay on points
- My friend has asked me if I would be willing to call the hotel to update my reservation to have him as the primary reservation holder, and myself as the secondary
- He also asked that I update the Bonvoy account # associated with the reservation to his account number.

The way he explained it to me is that upon checkin at the hotel, I would be eligable to leverage the titanium perks while he would collect the nights.

I just want to validate and fact check if this would work. I am staying at a Ritz property next week and a suite upgrade would be incredible.

Thank you!
The terms of the Marriott program do not allow you to transfer benefits of status. But Marriott seems to letting people do this so there is a grey area...

But the whole arrangement of you getting benefits and him getting nights sounds a bit sketchy - worst case this might trigger an audit and likely won’t result in the hoped for outcome.