FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:56 pm
astronomicalunit

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by dave_261
I suspect I know the answer, but does the CK desk have any leeway on MCT? MCT at JFK D:I is 75 minutes. I can book a 61 minute connection RDU-JFK-HKG. If I don't book this, I'll be forced to fly another carrier due to timing. I'll be in first on the domestic leg so in theory would have no issues making the connection under normal circumstances.
I haven’t done it at JFK, but I have done it at LHR. Buy the tickets separately (dom RT and Intl RT). You should be able to check in for both flights at RDU. I don’t find the risk to be anymore than missing your connection otherwise. As CK they will rebook you on next flight if you don’t make it. I’ve never been given any issues with that even as a PLAT or EXP.

My LHR experience was DFW-LHR arriving 6:20. LHR-ARN departed 7:15. So 55 minutes difference and not bookable except as separate tickets. They took me off the plane at the jetway and drove me to T5. Security is very light at that time of day and walked right on my flight to Sweden. Saved me 3-4 hours waiting for that next bank of flights.