FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Puulani Platinum First Class Certificates - Not!
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:28 pm
zurfer

Programs: AA exp AS mvpg HA gold
Puulani Platinum First Class Certificates - Not!

As Puulani Platinum for the first time, my wife and I each received two complimentary first class upgrade certificates. One month before departure we clicked the option to use the upgrades on a HNL - West Coast flight. Pretty excited cause many first class seats available including adjacent seats. Our status changed to pending approval for the upgrade. Two weeks later, the adjacent seats were gone. Three weeks later, only two non-adjacent seats available. I called the Puulani phone line and learned I would be informed of approval by email. A few days later excited to receive an email from Hawaiian Airlines only to learn I can now bid on the last two first class seats. Yikes!

I've come to learn upgrade approval can be requested 30 days out but there is no time frame for approval. I've slowly seen available 1st class seats disappear from this flight and the return flight. I've also learned from another Puulani Platinum member that they have not used their certificates for years. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. We were planning an east coast trip on Hawaiian which would push us into Platinum in 2020, however, I now have doubts.

Wondering if this is normal for fellow Puulani Platinum members.

Mahalo.