FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:22 pm
nautikal

Originally Posted by raehl311
The agents won't do it (or at least they have to do some magic to override their system), but if there is fare class availability, pretty sure the app will. (As in I've done it, although not super-recently. You do have to wait until your first leg flight closes out.)

You can absolutely, however, standby for a later flight. You just lose your confirmed flight.
I could only SDC to a later flight that same day, but not to anything the following day even though there was availability. This was via the app and two different agents. Both agents cited the stopover and fare rules as the reason why the system did not allow the change. It seems that there's logic built in to the system lock the BBB-CCC flight to the same calendar day if the fare is AAA-CCC with a stopover in BBB (versus two separate one ways). I'm sure they could override, but my attempted cuteface didn't get me anywhere on this

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You should be able to, for with standby, fare classes, fare rules,... are out the window -- just same day, space available, no routing changes.
Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Last edited by nautikal; Sep 10, 2019 at 5:29 pm