FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A distressing embarrassment on BA249 LHR-GIG
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:58 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by navylad
Thanks, very much appreciated.

I do actually have some good news to relay.

In my frustration, I emailed Caroline Martinoli (Director Brand and Customer Experience); within 30 minutes, this is the response, Alex cc'ed.

Since then, my email and phone has been going off non-stop with various people in BA calling to apologies and provide me their contact details in case of any further issues.

I've also agreed to meet with a senior manager within the organisation to look at ways that the process for hidden disabilities can be improved, so if anyone has any suggestions, please do let me know.
Well this is excellent.
The main suggestions would be to make a training plan that is carried across all customer facing staff with an emphasis on awareness that hidden disabilities exist, applicable regulations (it is forbidden to ask for disability card, ...) and what needs those might have. Lavatories in UK start to have a "Not all disabilities are visible" sign, maybe implement something of this effect there. I also agree with c-w-s suggestion.