FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow to Trafalgar Square Sunday AM: Tube or car service?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:13 am
AGS

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Heathrow to Trafalgar Square Sunday AM: Tube or car service?

My wife and I are flying into Heathrow on Saturday, arriving late and spending the night at the Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow (not the one in the terminal, the other one). We're spending the rest of the week at the Trafalgar St James Curio just off Trafalgar Square.

Trying to decide between taking the tube or hiring a car through the hotel on Sunday morning. It would be a short walk (0.4 mi) from the hotel to the Hatton Cross station then a direct ride on the Piccadilly line to Piccadilly Circus station, then another short walk (0.3 mi) to the hotel. Fare is GBP3.10. The car service through the hotel is GBP85. We'll each have a large, rolling suitcase and a small backpack.

How much of a hassle would it be to take the tube on a Sunday morning? The car service is expensive and I'm just wondering whether it's worth it to save the trouble. Or maybe there's another option I'm not considering, less hassle than the tube and not as expensive as the car.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AGS