FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR - SIN - AKL (SQ J) seating
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:55 am
MEL-World

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
It's a deal. We are flying several days later

For Flight 281, are seats 15 D&F (middle pair) also a "bulkhead" with the full width goo wells?
Docs from SQ indicate this will be a Boeing 777-300ER.

Are these too, too close to the galley (or to lines for the loo, which could be worse)?
And it seems to show these would be suitable for babies...might we get bumped (seats, not flight), and if so, how likely is it that we would not be able to be seated together?

GC
Once you know your aircraft type from your e-ticket, just look for the seat map on the SQ website (under 'Our fleet') and you will see the bulkhead and bassinet seats. Row 15 on a 777-300ER is behind the galley and toilets. I'd go for the small forward cabin - Row 11, 12 14 if you can get them.

You need to work out whether you want the extra space or privacy away from the galley or loos. I would choose the space as the SQ crew are usually quite quiet and there is never much of a queue for the washrooms. I would not spend too much time on worrying about seats as there is plenty of space in J and many of the best seats will have been reserved before your 96 hour window opens. I just checked a few random dates in the next month on the EWR-SIN leg and most of the bulkheads were already reserved.

Enjoy the SQ service.