FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:10 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by CMK10
Dining: I will note that our minibar was missing some items when we checked in and I stupidly didn't point it out and got charged for it. As an AMB I got a $20 F&B credit a day which included the minibar. However, there was no price list (it was literally missing from the in room dining guide). Also, I drank something from the minibar Saturday and visited the bar Sunday and only got one credit. As far as the bar's go, the pool bar (The No Dive Bar) is quite nice though obviously pricy ($18 cocktails, $30 burgers etc.). The lobby bar is also really nice with an incredible liquor selection both with top shelf stuff and good small batch bottles. I was impressed.

Minus the few hiccups I liked this hotel a lot. It works well if you have to be in downtown LA and it feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't. Consider me very impressed.
nice trip report. did you book direct? paid for entire stay or use any certs?

i always have mini bar issues at this place. the super sensitive sensors are annoying. upon checkout, i quadruple check my bill. FD always has to remove something.

also, you should have received a welcome amenity of 600 pts or 2 drink tickets. not sure which one you had selected. sometimes you can get both. YMMV.

furthermore, properties like IC DTLA are awesome because even though they charge a "Hotel Facility Fee" of $25/day, you at least get a $20 F&B credit DAILY and thats combined with the $20 F&B AMB credit per stay. not daily. meaning for your 2 nights, you should have received $60 in FB credit. how much FB credit did you receive?

lastly, your comment about the IC DTLA "feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't" is very hard to believe given your flair. either you have extremely high standards or you only stay at holidays inns. yes, there are many nice international hotels, but US domestic has plenty nice ones too. we are not talking domestic "first class" vs international business. either way, i absolutely agree that this IC DTLA is up there.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Sep 12, 2019 at 3:31 am