FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Los Angeles Downtown Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:14 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 9/6 - 9/8

Location: The hotel between Wilshire and 7th Street on Figueroa. There is a pedestrian entrance on Wilshire and both Google Maps and Waze will direct you here. I drove here my first time and one of my Ubers tried to pick me up here. The entrance for vehicles as well as another pedestrian entrance are on 7th. You can actually walk to some decent downtown stuff from the hotel: there's banks nearby, a Chic Fil A across the street, a 24 hour Dennys and a 24 hour local diner within two blocks and the 7th Street Metro station is directly across the street.

Hotel: I was extremely impressed by this hotel, in fact I consider it one of the nicest hotels I've been to in the US. The entrance on level 1 has a small coffee shop as well as elevators up to the 7th floor where there's a 24 hour gym, outdoor pool with a bar near it along with a lot of event space. The main hotel lobby is on the 70th floor and the elevator from 1 takes you there. The lobby itself is incredible with floor to ceiling windows on three sides showing the whole city. There's a nice bar in the lobby as well with an incredible liquor selection: top shelf stuff, small batch stuff, everything. The 69th and 71st floors have more restaurants which you can access from here and 73 of course has a rooftop bar. Once on 70 you there are other elevator banks to your rooms. I will note that valet parking was annoying. You drop off on the lower lobby level but have to pick up your car at P1 inside the parking garage. I called down twice 15 minutes in advance and both times when I showed up they'd misplaced the car.

Check In: I had received an email in advance telling me I was upgraded from my paid King Suite to an Executive Suite. Check in went well and the staff there and everywhere else at the hotel were amazing.

Room: Simply incredible. Huge floor to ceiling windows on three floors so the view from my 55th floor were incredible. The suite was large too with a living room area, desk, large king bed with outlets next to it and a large bathroom with separate tub and shower. Wifi worked well too.

Dining: I will note that our minibar was missing some items when we checked in and I stupidly didn't point it out and got charged for it. As an AMB I got a $20 F&B credit a day which included the minibar. However, there was no price list (it was literally missing from the in room dining guide). Also, I drank something from the minibar Saturday and visited the bar Sunday and only got one credit. As far as the bar's go, the pool bar (The No Dive Bar) is quite nice though obviously pricy ($18 cocktails, $30 burgers etc.). The lobby bar is also really nice with an incredible liquor selection both with top shelf stuff and good small batch bottles. I was impressed.

Minus the few hiccups I liked this hotel a lot. It works well if you have to be in downtown LA and it feels very luxurious in a way US hotels often don't. Consider me very impressed.