FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More Routes From SAN
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:52 am
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It is hard to connect from PDX as well. PDX-SAN-STL has a 30 minute connection and STL-SAN-PDX is not possible.
While 30 mins is a short window (for a lot of things to go wrong), a sub30 min connection time is somewhat standard for UA at DEN. Prior to the SANSTL nonstop, I was flying over PDX. On Friday, I flew PHXSEASTL, both legs were upgraded and had a chance to go to the new AS lounge in SEA which was really nice. Granted it did seem like a long day of flying, but I would say overall it was a fairly seamless trip and enjoyed flying on AS mainline, since SANSTL was operated by SkyWest (which meant a somewhat different inflight experience). I don't know if I've been lucky, or there aren't a lot of Gold 75K elites, but my upgrade percentage has hovered at about 100% which surprised me on routes such as SANOGG and PHXSEA. If somehow AS pricing was in line with everyone else on SANSTL, I'd stick with them and just deal with the connection over SEA. Maybe SANSTL will come back at some point though, but I won't hold my breath.