FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seat Selection Issues for AA Flyers (archive through 2019)
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:12 am
etiene

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Thanks all for the feedback. First flight on the itinerary has an IB flight number, connecting to BA numbered flights.
At Iberia.com, couldn’t select seats either. Guess I’ll wait to the 24 hour mark for check in. Never had this problem selecting Business Class seats on other airlines!
I have a BA Avios booked trip coming up at the end of the month, and have found no way of selecting seats for IB online [even trying AY, RJ, QF sites which sometimes work]. I asked BA to do it on one call - that only seemed to stick for one flight, in the end my partner called IB and that seems to have stuck.

BA may have a different record locator to IB too [IB ones are five characters, BA six] and both are different to AA as they are all on different systems I believe. So you may need to root around some more to find the BA one if you don't already have it [sometimes the BA one will work for bringing up the itinerary on IB.com but for me at least never had any functionality to speak of].

Bottom line: if you're keen to select a seat due to availability/preferences you'll probably need to get on the blower.