FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR - SIN - AKL (SQ J) seating
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:17 am
MEL-World

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
We are thrilled to have J seating on this l-o-n-g trip in November, and it will be our first time on SQ, connecting in SIN, and arriving in AKL (for a cruise to SYD, flying home on CX).
These are awards tickets in case that affects any answers.
This is our first time to the area, including all of the flight route.

The outbound flights are:
First, we'll be taking a short flight into EWR the evening before, and then...

SQ 21 (EWR - SIN; 09:45, arriving 17:15 the next day)
connecting to
SQ 281 (SIN - AKL; 08:45 - 23:35 both that same "next day").
I've just come across this thread. I hope you have double checked the dates on your flights as your quote above is confusing - what do you mean by 'both that same 'next day'? If you leave EWR on a Monday as an example, you arrive SIN at 1715 on Tuesday so cannot leave SIN for AKL until the Wednesday at 0845 - I would say that's +2 from leaving EWR. Just checking.

I would agree with other posters that the Crowne Plaza is the best option for an overnight stay but I would stay longer in Singapore as it is an excellent destination and would allow you more time to recover. You will have the Business Kris Flyer lounge available for food etc. 24 hours a day in T2 and T3. You should be able to use this anytime before your onward flight as your stopover is less than 24 hours.

I'm not sure you will be able to get 11DF on any flight as these bulkhead seats are reserved for the most frequent SQ customers but on the long flight, Row 19 is also a bulkhead row but, due to the reasons mentioned previously are very popular and first to go.