FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A distressing embarrassment on BA249 LHR-GIG
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:50 pm
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Jamier45

I don’t personally see it as trolling, all that he’s done is tell it straight up and down the line, he’s said he would hate to be in the OP’s position and hope things get better. I guess the problem is nowadays that if someone has an opinion you don’t agree with/like then they’re automatically trolling or being argumentative/insulting.

as many have said, I hope navylad does learn to live with this and doesn’t suffer too much in the future, but as soon as you start threatening legal action/going to the media then it all starts to go towards the compensation culture and your argument gets weaker.

As a fellow soon to be ex service member, I’m surprised the OP didn’t have a change of clothes in their bag (remember vc10 and tristar that would dump you somewhere random?) as one thing the Service has taught me is that you should always have a change of clothes!
Fair comment about change of clothes, I was attempting to minimise among of hand luggage and had clothes checked in two soserste checked bags in case one went missing.

My talk of media action and the legal route certainly isn’t for personal gain, it is thinking relationally about how I may get BA to take such issues more seriously as the response from BA certainly felt disingenuous.

I personally dont think the aforementioned poster was complying with FT rules, but at no time have I mentioned trolling; just asking them, in what I hope was a polite request, to desist from further non-constructive posting. It is not my place to decide or indeed comment of any moderation action, but I have to say other posts have been extreamly helpful to me and I am incredible grateful for the community input.

Last edited by navylad; Sep 8, 2019 at 9:10 pm