FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A distressing embarrassment on BA249 LHR-GIG
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:01 pm
ClosetoLHR

Originally Posted by stu1985
Doubtful. As a few posters have said here, you're as much to blame knowing full well the condition you found yourself in. If you're not "compo hungry" then drop it. Move on. Chalk it up to experience.
Mods, this bloke is deliberately trolling.

That or he lacks self awareness of how insensitive he is, or doesn't understand the law.

The equalities act is quite clear and BA have failed in their duty of care, or at least that individual CC member has.

This is not to deny that the OP could've done things differently but the OP is entitled to think they had done all they reasonably needed to do to make BA aware of their condition.

To the OP I would say I am terribly sorry this has happened. If it were me I would be seeking to make a bit of a fuss, not in the expectation of compo but in the hope BA recognise how serious the failing is here.

You can, and you will, fly again in your condition. A close family member has a similar issue and has found ways to manage it. You have every right to board a plane. You might do so having taken different precautions in future and you may choose another carrier. But you will keep travelling.

Edit: the advice above is excellent and would echo it.