FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A distressing embarrassment on BA249 LHR-GIG
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:21 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
When in CW I very often see pax from further back coming forward to use the toilets. Only very rarely do I see CC send them back, so you were really unlucky there. Having said that, it is usually very obvious when somebody really must urgently use the bathroom and it is only common courtesy for others to allow that person through. Equally, CC should also notice this and make very quick accommodations. Now, your specific complaint is about the CC member who either didn't see, or didn't look for, the lanyard you were carrying. This is poor communications by BA as well as a clear sign that the individual concerned had neither the empathy or emotional intelligence to recognise something was amiss.

Now, a space available upgrade is IMO a significant gesture by BA. Obviously it does not help you retrospectively and you may not be able to make as good use of it as another passenger, but for BA it is indeed accepting that they failed you here. The only thing missing is the commitment to ensure that this improves and will not happen again. Unfortunately, BA is too big and unwieldy to be able to handle this. Crew are given 6 weeks training and then put on these flights. How on earth can that work. I do think that in coming to terms with your disability you will realise that there is no shame in it and you may be surprised to find that others also see no shame in it either.

Please do not stop traveling because of this condition, please do not let those less caring members of our society trouble you and please do enjoy your time in Brazil. It is an incredible and diverse country.