FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help Desk: practical assistance for those affected by strikes on 9, 10, 27 Sep
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:14 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
However, I am wondering whether BA will pick up the bill for dinner on Monday, and if so what the financial limit would be.
Yes, I would expect they would, I don't think I've seen a recent guideline, but in the past they have sort-of suggested £25 per person. They have certainly paid more than this though. If you have a modest meal from a modest restaurant, and deduct any alcohol component, I imagine that would be OK. The more general advice in this area is that what would you do if there was no compensation? This works both ways, maybe you would n that situation keep your costs down, maybe you would splurge. If you took the latter option then they are unlikely to pick up the whole bill, whereas in the first situation they would be more likely to pick up the whole bill.